About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as
Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
- As Assistant Outlet Manager, you will assist the Outlet Manager to manage all aspects of a specific Outlet(s) within the F&B department including the selection, development, and performance management of colleagues, optimizing profits, and increasing sales. You will assist in managing scheduled shifts ensuring guest satisfaction, manage all operational issues ensuring JI & MJs standard operations procedure (SOP) are met and value is added to the F&B.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensures the team are set up for success and is responsible for assisting the OM/ GM in ensuring that all colleagues have full product knowledge.
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring JI & MJ procedures for CSI and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Maintains & actively use a database of customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advises the Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Makes suggestions to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Assists in ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Assists in determining the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs.
- Provides constant coaching, counselling, and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization.
- Monitors manning and competence level of selected colleagues to ensure sufficiency for the department to meet the needs of the organization and customer.
- Support the Outlet Manager to implement the F&B marketing plan when required.
- Ensure up-to-date hard copies of department SOPs are always maintained.
- Acknowledge the receipt of new or amended documents through Mercury in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/ colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Assist in controlling department forms and records according to the JI standards for Document Control, including (but not limited to):
- Attendance data for colleagues
- Colleague records
- Daily Briefing Sheets
- Cleaning Schedules/ Checklists
- P&L analysis
- Budgetary reports
- Telephone Test Call Results
- CSI & Customer Feedback
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records of education, training, skills, and experience.
- Attends & actively participates in the daily F&B briefings in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
- Discusses menus, special requests etc. with chef
- Trains all colleagues in suggestive selling and up-selling techniques to assist in achieving maximize profitability.
- Ensures opening & closing checklists are completed daily.
- Monitors completion of weekly cleaning schedules.
- Supports the Outlet Manager to analyse results of Telephone Test Calls, Mystery Shoppers, CSI, Complaint Forms, IQRs and take the action necessary to address any non-conformances within required timeframes to set recognition or improvement strategies.
- Conducts regular briefings and meetings to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant sections within the JI Food Hygiene SOP and assist the Outlet Manager ensure the Outlet always meets these standards.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Hotel or Hospitality Degree
- Advanced English – spoken and written.
- 1-2 years Food and Beverage Experience needed in a premium establishment in a 5–star Hotel on a Management level.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal People skills
- Cashiering Systems (Micros, HSI, other)
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.