We’re AtkinsRéalis, a world-leading Design, Engineering and Project Management organization. Created by the integration of long-standing organizations dating back to 1911, we are a world-leading professional services and project management company dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to transform the world’s infrastructure and energy systems. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. The breadth and depth of our capabilities are delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital.
Our teams are proud to deliver on some of the most prestigious projects across the world. It’s thanks to our talented people and their diverse thinking, expertise and knowledge. Join us and you’ll be part of our genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone is supported to make the most of their talents and expertise.
When it comes to work-life balance, AtkinsRéalis is a great place to be. So, let’s discuss how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We’re passionate about are work while valuing each other equally. So, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women’s Equality and being a ‘Disability Confident’ and ‘Inclusive Employer’.
The head of the AtkinsRealis Measurement Studio Middle East, will have various measurable aspects to their role and be involved in working across the whole GCC region, covering internal and external service delivery. The role will be based in UAE however the initial 6 months will be seconded to AtkinsRealis Bangalore, India office (GTC).
AtkinsRealis has a successful Middle East Cost Management business covering the main geographies of; KSA, UAE, Qatar and Oman. To support the Middle East business, AtkinsRealis Cost Management team, has an established measurement studio based on Bangalore, India. The office in India (Global Technology Centre or GTC) is part of the global hub that supports all other offices around the globe for design disciplines, HR and other support functions.
Due to the success of the Middle East business and to support our growth plans, there has been a decision to strengthen our Bangalore team and to enable this we intend appointing a new role to lead the Bangalore measurement studio.
The successful candidate will have extensive middle east experience and be primarily focused on technical service excellence, growth and expanding our capability to become the market leader in measurement and associated activities in the Middle East.
The role and responsibilities of the position will cover the following key aspects:
- Produce the annual business plan for the Bangalore team.
- Manage the utilisation and productivity of the Bangalore team.
- Manage the resource planner for short, medium and look term look-ahead.
- Manage the P+L for the Bangalore team.
- Liaise with the Regional cost management leadership to understand resource requirements.
- Interview and hire any new team members as the team expands.
- Review and appraise existing team and make recommendations for strengthening as required.
- Attend weekly meetings with business Regional business leaders.
- Be the single point of responsibility for all deliverables that are produced by the Bangalore team.
- Manage the regional benchmarking support team in Bangalore and liaise with all SME’s to ensure the goals of the regional business succeed.
- Be fully accountable for all services and outputs of the Bangalore team.
Driving excellence in quality:
- Ensure compliance with QA/QC procedures.
- Be responsible for identifying training requirements for the measurement team.
- Drive efficiency through successful implementation of processes and procedures.
- Drive innovation through digital applications.
- Expand the existing service offering into other aspects of quantity surveying service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with KPI’s.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate guidelines.
Internal AtkinsRealis Win work:
- Liaise with the Regional business leaders to produce project fee proposals.
- Attend bid clarification meetings as required to ‘sell’ the GTC offer as part of our overall delivery model.
External market service delivery:
- Assist MarComms in production of sales material for external Clients.
- Undertake a market study on Contractor’s and other users of GTC services – regionally.
- Produce an annual business plan for outward facing service delivery.
- Contribute / participate in client interviews to aid win work.
- Grow the GTC team in line with the business plan and performance metrics.
Minimum qualifications / experience:
- BSc (hons) Quantity Surveying / Masters in Quantity Surveying.
- MRICS qualified.
- At least 10 years experience in the Middle East.
- At least 20 years post graduate experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Significant and demonstrable high level of experience across all main market sectors including; commercial, retail, hospitality, healthcare, residential, infrastructure, mixed use.
- Full understanding of the remaining market sectors.
- Client facing with excellent presentation skills.
- A proven people manager with strong leadership qualities.
- An expert in CostX and related products.
- Full and complete understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
What We Can Offer You
– Varied, interesting and meaningful work
– A hybrid working environment with flexibility and great opportunities
– Opportunities for training and, as the team grows, career progression or sideways moves.
– An opportunity to work within a large global multi-disciplinary consultancy on a mission to change the ways we approach business as usual.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
We at AtkinsRéalis are committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Meeting Your Needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees ‘Total Reward’.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview, and we’ll discuss any adjustments you might need.
We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.