KBR is looking for a Category Manager to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting the USAID NexGen Global Health Supply Chain Program as Integrated Procurement Service Agent (PSA). This is a full-time position based in Dubai, UAE that will accommodate a hybrid remote/office work schedule, but may require occasional travel. The Category Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Sr. Procurement and Logistics Manager as an integral part of the Procurement team in the achievement of the PSA objectives, ensuring the products from its category are ordered and delivered on time for the fulfilment of the clients’ orders, negotiating and improving purchase terms with suppliers’, and sourcing / managing alternatives when needed for its product category. Must be a highly organized self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced, multi-discipline team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
- Manage secure and sustainable supply chain and ensure maximum value is achieved for the business.
- Directly supervises the Procurement Team, prioritizes tasks, sets goals and objectives related to processing purchase orders of its product category.
- Executes, tracks and reports purchase orders and delivery status.
- Tracks and reports Procurement performance according to the KPIs.
- Manages suppliers’ registration, qualification and performance of its product category.
- Resolves defects and delivery problems with suppliers.
- Relies upon experience, knowledge and interpersonal skills to ensure procurement execution and maintenance of procurement files in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
- Works closely with other functions and the business areas of the PSA (i.e. demand planning, project controls, warehouse, logistics and quality assurance) to ensure accurate and timely fulfilment of the client order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials/Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement and category management.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory/management experience.
- Excellent written and oral English Language and any other foreign language.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable procurement legislation.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with suppliers while driving lower costs, superior performance and continuous improvement.
- Successful experience in sourcing, negotiation and purchasing of medical equipment, consumables and pharmaceuticals.
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability.
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum).
- Experience in the use of an ERP and Demand Planning System for purchasing activities.
- Deltek/Costpoint experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable people management experience.
- Ability to work productively in high-paced environment, keeping emotions under control in difficult situations, maintaining positive outlook at work, accepting constructive criticism and learning from it.
Standard Company Requirements
- Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies, and procedures.
- Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.