About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishing’s, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire.
The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, performing art destination Zabeel Theatre and a collection of diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorized and non-motorized water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the mainland of Dubai.
About the Job
Constantly being aware of the requirements from Sous Chef | Chef De Cuisine, assist Sous Chef | Chef De Cuisine in day-to-day requirements following outlet’s operating concept and Jumeirah Group’s standards thus ensuring preparation of high-quality food. Work as a team, be courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible and perform routine duties as per below:
- Prepare and cook high quality food according to menu guidelines and recipes and as per instructions received from Sous Chef or Chef De Cuisine.
- Ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate properly garnished, with correct portion and size, presented on the correct serving dish in the prescribed manner with highest quality standards maintained.
- Ensure that all mise‐en‐place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef in the daily preparation and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are always maintained.
- Actively manages all aspects of the section and delegate tasks to the junior kitchen staff accordingly to ensure a smooth operation of the allocated kitchen section to the expected quality standards of the Chef de Cuisine.
- Manages service during busy periods and in the absence of senior chefs, manages the kitchen ensuring all standards and quality procedures are adhered to.
- Assists Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef in the development of new menu ideas to ensure all menus are seasonal and creative using the finest ingredients.
- Ensures that the designated section, equipment, and utensils are always kept clean and tidy in adherence to the standards required by the restaurant.
- Plans staff training with the Sous Chef and maintain an active training plan/program for each team member. Ensure that junior chefs and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- As Chef De Partie and section in charge responsible for refrigeration cleaning, stock rotation, date coding and section deep cleaning.
- In the absence of a senior chef ensure the daily kitchen records and labelling standards are being always maintained. Maintaining restaurant cost control systems as they affect your area of responsibilities.
- Follow correct hygienic food handling practices and restaurant’s regular cleaning and waste disposal practices.
- Optimize the use of restaurant resources: food, energy, labour, water.
- Maintain high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Sous chef / Chef de cuisine, follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out.
- Ensure adherence to departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions enabling delivery of luxurious service to guests and in line with Jumeirah standard of excellence.
- Adhere to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment procedures, Fire and Safety instructions, controls, and audit requirements in compliance with HACAP and Jumeirah standard operating procedures.
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed necessary
- At least 3 years of experience in a progressively more complex and responsible roles ideally within the luxury hospitality industry
- Proven Lebanese cuisine experience
- Expert in food quality and presentation skills
- Expert in hygiene, health and safety know how
- Knowledge of both classical and international culinary trends
- Knowledge in management of multi cuisine kitchens with show cooking
- Adaptability and appreciation of cultural diversity
- Team Player with speed, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Reliable, Honest and Sincere showing high level of energy
- Strong customer service orientation. Language Competencies
- Proficient in English (Read/Write/Speak – Essential)
- Knowledge of additional language (Desired – Arabic)
- College Degree in Culinary Arts or similar from an accredited Culinary School (Desired)
About the Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.