About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award- winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts is a leading luxury hospitality brand that operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties, comprising beachfront resorts, city hotels, and luxury serviced residences across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants and casual dining venues. Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of nine brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and The Bolt Hole. In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Chef de Partie to join the team of The Duck Hook. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef (or any designates) in developing standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable cost
- Give tasks to demi and commis chefs and check that they are carried out correctly
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis is carried out regularly
- Check food preparation daily: portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food Hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlet
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must have held years minimum experience in similar role in a hotel or a restaurant
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.