About Jumeirah Group:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience. Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities.
In response to the evolving preferences of travellers today, Jumeirah Group is also pivoting towards the rapidly growing wellness tourism sector. Grounded in the principles of lifelong learning, longevity, and inclusivity, Jumeirah Group is re-fashioning its approach to position wellness as not just an accompaniment to its guests’ stays, but a central tenet of their overall experience. With 13 award-winning Talise Spas nestled across Jumeirah Group’s properties, this transformation is evident in the group’s current endeavours to integrate wellbeing into every facet of the guest journey.
Beyond holistic wellbeing and spa experiences, the Group’s expansive portfolio also includes Jumeirah Restaurants, a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider with 85 acclaimed food and beverage brands, ranging from casual dining venues to Michelin starred fine dining concepts; J Club, Dubai’s leading lifestyle and wellness destination; Jumeirah One, the Group’s dedicated recognition and rewards programme; and The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, the region’s only fully accredited third-level academic institution delivering specialised degree programmes in hospitality management.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments as we solidify our legacy as a trailblazer in both luxury hospitality and wellness.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Director of Wellness to join Jumeirah Marsa Al Arab. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Execute the pre-opening critical path in accordance to Jumeirah Hotel Group standards to plan for operational readiness.
- Possess strategic business skills to create annual business plan and budget in conjunction and approval from Director of Finance and Hotel Manager/GM.
- Possess analytical thinking of current operational dynamics in terms of market demand & supply, to identify opportunities to achieve business goals.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, and promotions, including sales techniques.
- Experienced in leveraging expertise of supporting operating departments to drive the commercial success of the wellness center
- Ensures Wellness department operates with a sales attitude, and all personnel are aware of sales and opportunities within the hotel, which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Responsible for the development of Wellness experience and guest journey ensuring that the associates can execute the experience to Jumeirah Hotel Group Standards
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or relevant field from an accredited and renowned University.
- More than 5 years’ experience managing spa operations team, including corporate level, hotel, and pre-opening experience.
- Experience in developing corporate curriculum of measurable culture building initiatives and create management and associate development training programs incorporating training best practices.