• Proactively finding opportunities and leads for business growth by being closely in touch with clients.
• Entertaining and conducting hotel inspections with clients.
• Arranging appointments with clients off-site.
• Handling guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems.
• Assisting to conduct extensive competitor research and maintaining excellent product knowledge of the Hotel.
• Understanding client needs and providing a proposal which best suits their requirements.
• Overlooking and optimizing the utilization of rooms inventory and event spaces
• Ensuring all agreements (sales contracts) follow the established hotel policies and procedures and are based on sound commercial judgement.
• Ensuring correct booking procedures are applied in relation to group room allocations, meeting set-ups, catering terms and contractual agreements.
• Ensuring that all events are carried out in an innovative and stylish fashion that reflects positively on the customer’s event and remains a positive brand contact for Grand Hyatt Dubai.
• Entertaining potential and current customers based on business priorities.
• To be conversant in all sales related activities and undertake such responsibilities as and when required, dictated by business levels.
• To have a strong hotel product knowledge and be well versed in up-selling techniques.
• Attending weekly revenue meeting with the sales department heads and hotel management and be able to give a financial projection for the segment as well as a backing strategy.
• Inputting orders, ensuring they are processed according to customer requirements, and ensuring all orders are accurate and delivered on time.
• Liaising and working closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest’s requests and expectations are being met.
• Converting active leads and achieving personal sales targets.
• Assisting the Director of Event Sales with the recruitment of employees to join the Event Sales team.
• Attending trainings as part of the efforts to enhance job knowledge and the team’s knowledge on working efficiently. • Ensuring adherence to laws, regulations, and hotel policies.
• Assisting the team with any support that they require.
• Maintaining positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Ensuring all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
• Maximizing the effectiveness of Sales Coordinators & Executives by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Handling guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
Minimum 2 years work experience as Event Sales Executive.
Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.