About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world, from the iconic flagship hotel and timeless pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, and lavish Arabian palaces across Dubai’s Madinat Jumeirah, to its contemporary Maldivian island paradise at Olhahali Island and art-inspired dolce vita on the island of Capri. Whether a modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge, London, at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, or a futuristic setting at Jumeirah Nanjing, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Furter expanding its footprint into new markets, guests can now enjoy its service beyond expectations at the stunning all-villa Jumeirah Bali and the exquisite Jumeirah Muscat Bay, both of which opened in 2022.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manager – Corporate Communication to join our Corporate Communication team in Dubai. The Communications Manager develops and implements communication strategies aligned with the Group’s objectives and brand. They amplify brand awareness through engaging content across various platforms and maintain media relationships, while also measuring impact and ensuring alignment with financial targets. This role plays a crucial part in the Group’s success by effective communication, relationship-building, and safeguarding its reputation.
- Develop and implement comprehensive corporate communication strategies that seamlessly align with the Group’s commercial strategy and brand values.
- Craft and distribute compelling and impactful content in various formats, such as press releases, opinion pieces, briefings, employer branding materials, media kits, newsletters, scripts, speeches, campaign messages, and social media captions, aimed at enhancing brand awareness among diverse audience segments.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for media interactions, ensuring accurate and prompt responses to media inquiries, coordinating press events, and facilitating participation in conferences.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with media representatives and key stakeholders to optimize media coverage and generate positive exposure for the Group.
- Collaborate across all business functions to ensure timely and accurate communication of pertinent business news, both internally and externally, utilizing owned channels and media partnerships.
- Provide valuable assistance in crisis communication efforts, swiftly and effectively addressing challenges while upholding the brand’s reputation.
- Oversee the Group’s digital presence by curating relevant content for platforms such as the website, intranet, and social media channels, ensuring alignment with the brand’s tone and voice.
- Monitor media coverage and industry trends to identify potential opportunities and risks, offering regular reports to the management team.
- Gauge the impact of communication initiatives using key performance indicators (KPIs), refining strategies iteratively for enhanced outcomes.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 4 – 5 years experience in roles that involve crafting and disseminating various types of communication content, such as press releases, articles, speeches, and social media posts.
- Prior experience working directly with media outlets, journalists, and reporters is important. This could involve responding to media inquiries, coordinating press events, and managing media relationships.
- Proven track record of cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as business partners, media representatives, and industry contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle crisis situations, providing swift and accurate communication while mitigating potential negative impacts on the brand’s reputation.
- Experience managing digital platforms, including websites, social media channels, and intranet systems, ensuring consistent and engaging content delivery.