The Education and Culture team is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience to all visitors of Expo City Dubai to inspire the future generation to create a better world.
The Manager – Events Sales is responsible for managing all bookings for events and liaising with the clients to determine event requirements. Preparing venue hire packages and pricing options and negotiating with clients. The primary focus for the Manager – Event Sales will be developing partnerships with individual and corporate clients and continually building these relationships through networking in the community.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop pricing strategies based on market conditions, customer demographics, and competition
- Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
- Prepare proposals for clients and maintaining well-organized event records
- Handle all incoming venue bookings / enquiries for Education & Culture venues and checking them against guidelines and procedures and confirm the bookings once they are detailed and completed to specifications for each venue
- Organize site visits, sales calls, and other sales related activities to finalize and close contracts
- Develop close cooperation with stakeholders to drive sales of venues
- Work with the Senior Manager to identify best strategies to maximize revenue and develop data reporting to meet revenue targets
- Communicate and confirm any event changes with the appropriate departments/stakeholders
- Work with other team members to ensure no double bookings
- Making prospecting calls to potential clients
- Developing good working relationships with event organizers in the UAE to ensure all venue spaces are leased throughout the year
- Develop sales leads to drive new lease proposals and increase profitability
- Oversee the contract and invoice process for clients and take personal responsibility for their accuracy and completion
- Generate new business and build new client relationships, as well as develop and present proposals to existing and new clients
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
6+ years of progressive responsibilities and work-related experience in venue sales or events as well as:
- A bachelor’s degree within a relevant field
- Proven ability to deliver on the ground operations
- The ideal candidate should have exceptional organizational abilities, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management as well as experience in supervising staff and implementing operational plans
- Exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills & communication including training and briefing delivery as well as stakeholder management skills
- Ideal candidate must have a strategic thinking approach and mindset for the benefit of the function and Expo City
- The ability to communicate in both Arabic and English