About Jumeirah Group:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience. Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities.
In response to the evolving preferences of travellers today, Jumeirah Group is also pivoting towards the rapidly growing wellness tourism sector. Grounded in the principles of lifelong learning, longevity, and inclusivity, Jumeirah Group is re-fashioning its approach to position wellness as not just an accompaniment to its guests’ stays, but a central tenet of their overall experience. With 13 award-winning Talise Spas nestled across Jumeirah Group’s properties, this transformation is evident in the group’s current endeavours to integrate wellbeing into every facet of the guest journey.
Beyond holistic wellbeing and spa experiences, the Group’s expansive portfolio also includes Jumeirah Restaurants, a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider with 85 acclaimed food and beverage brands, ranging from casual dining venues to Michelin starred fine dining concepts; J Club, Dubai’s leading lifestyle and wellness destination; Jumeirah One, the Group’s dedicated recognition and rewards programme; and The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, the region’s only fully accredited third-level academic institution delivering specialised degree programmes in hospitality management.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments as we solidify our legacy as a trailblazer in both luxury hospitality and wellness.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Global Sales Manager – India & Africa to join Jumeirah Group & Corporate. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Act as the single point of contact within Jumeirah for each assigned global key account.
- Produce and implement an account development plan for each global key account to achieve maximum revenue in both the short and long term. 10 for Tier 1 markets and 5 for emerging markets.
- Plan and execute a sales strategy to include tactics to achieve regional sales targets.
- Assist in setting the annual commercial plan of the Global Sales Office Middle East within area of responsibility.
- Make recommendations to the HOD on necessary sales plans and strategy revision to increase production from markets and segments.
- Maintain high profile network across area of coverage, actively prospects and hunt new business opportunities.
- Attend overseas trade shows, key client events, FAM trips and sales trips as planned and submitted at the beginning of each year and updated calendar at each quarter.
- Be fully up to date with budgeted/actual/forecast targets of the Hotels as well as own segment and individual target.
- Participate in monthly calls with hotels to determine budget vs. forecast; discuss market performance; need periods; support where needed
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed responsible by management
- Bachelor or Master Degree or MBA from an accredited University
- Demonstrates Project and Time Management skills
- Proficient in English, Arabic,Hindi or preferred local language (Read/Write/Speak – Essential)
- 7-10 years of sales experience, preferably with an international hospitality company
- Strong understanding of core hotelier operations
- In-depth experience understanding of the leisure multi market