At Expo City our people are committed and enthusiastic about their part in delivering the World Expo’s legacy and showcasing Expo City Dubai as a a hub of sustainability, education and culture with an exciting lineup of events. Our HR team supports everyone across the organisation throughout their employment lifecycle by developing and implementing human-centric strategies and approaches, so that we can all do the best work of our lives in a positive and nurturing corporate culture.
The Manager Internal Communications and Engagement plays a key, evolving role in informing and inspiring the Expo City Dubai Tribe. The role will be responsible for developing and delivering effective colleague experience and engagement plans, both centrally and locally, and working with the business to keep colleagues up to date with operational and engaging news about Expo City Dubai.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, stakeholder management, organizing wellbeing activities, colleague events, copywriting and more.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop colleague experience plans, including internal communications, employee engagement and wellbeing plans to support the delivery of Expo’s central Colleague Experience Strategy.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager Internal Communications and Engagement to create and deliver the Colleague Experience Strategy.
Reporting & Administrative Responsibilities
- Manage external agency/supplier relationships and processes; including raising PO’s.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager Internal Communications to deliver the staff survey and manage internal channels; including gathering and analysing engagement metrics, and creating business recaps.
- Employee Recruitment, Engagement, Retention, & Wellbeing Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Senior Manager Internal Communications and Engagement in developing and delivering the colleague engagement, wellbeing and talent retention programme.
- Design and deliver comprehensive internal experiences, including colleague engagement campaigns and communication plans that brings life to the Expo City Dubai values.
- Deliver high impact communications that are relevant, informative, and engaging.
- Support creating Expo City Dubai change management communications to ensure all workforce are aware of our mission and vision, and always feel informed, inspired and up to date with the latest information.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and business units on their content needs and manage updates as required; including regularly updating the Internal Comms & Engagement central editorial calendar.
- Work in an efficient, highly responsive way to meet deadlines and communication needs of Expo (which may include working weekends when needed).
- Manage and ensure that all communications adhere to the Tone of Voice, Brand Guidelines and company Culture.
- Write and publish content on multiple internal channels including the Expo intranet, digital newsletters, and more.
- Work with the IT team to manage the intranet and key channels to ensure all Expo content is accurate, up to date and easy to access/use by Expo colleagues
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Provide creative design support (such as creating email and PowerPoint templates when needed) that are in-line with branding guidelines.
- Embed the Expo vision and values into all communications.
- Identify ways to improve the company culture to align this to Expo’s strategic goals.
8+ years of experience in delivering internal communications and engagement initiatives within a dynamic, diverse and operational organisation as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Advanced planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Supportive and cooperative
- Proactive nature
- Good knowledge of designing and delivering wellbeing programmes
- Excellent colleague engagement skills and knowledge
- Possess creative design skills (and/or willingness to learn)
- Able to manage and run events, including all staff meetings
- Strong technical computer skills (MS Office, Microsoft Teams, HTML experience, SharePoint)