The Commercial & Engagement Division is responsible for driving strategic engagement programs and initiatives that support Expo City Dubai’s objectives, delivering commercial, educational, and social value. These initiatives include attracting relevant and significant local and international entities to set up their headquarters within Expo City; developing programs that contribute to the transfer of knowledge and exchange of experiences; enhancing the City’s positioning as a hub of excellence and a centre for innovation, education and sustainability; developing strategic partnerships; and integrating businesses, SMEs, educational entities, students, and innovators as part of a cohesive ecosystem.
The Leasing Administration Manager oversees and manages all aspects of the leasing process. This includes coordinating lease agreements, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, optimizing occupancy rates, and providing exceptional customer service to both tenants and clients. The Leasing Administration Manager plays a crucial role by effectively managing leases, maintaining accurate records, and contributing to the financial success of the portfolio.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Prepare and implement the administrative processes and procedures to support the Leasing team in achieving the overall strategy
- Prepare lease agreement and documentation for all types of lease proposals
- Review leases for accuracy and completeness before emailing or sending to clients as well as once the documents are returned signed
- Analyze and transcribe all lease documents into abstract form to highlight pertinent financial terms and set critical date ticklers for all key metrics to be communicated within the agreement
- Attend and manage the audit process for the leasing function efficiently
- All new and renewal lease documentation or any other documentation, to be prepared correctly in accordance with the Lease Agreement and signed by the authorized personnel
- Liaise with the legal team to ensure all lease documentation complies with local laws and regulations by maintaining awareness of local legal regulations, procedures and practices, ensuring that these are upheld and/or not contradicted in lease terms
- All cheques and fees payable with lease documentation are present and correctly dated prior to passing documents for execution
- Lease contract information to be recorded accurately in system, including all new leases, amendments, terminations, etc. across the portfolio
- Liaise with Finance to ensure information is accurate, complete and correctly formatted in order to generate meaningful reports from the system
- Follow-up with all tenants, local and international, for the signed Lease documents along with the payments
- All lease agreements to be registered with Ejari system, complying with all current and future authority requirements
- Prepare progress, vacancy or any other reports on weekly/monthly/annual basis, on the current status of the business, comments on assessment of future market trends.
- Contribute to annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Create and / or maintain an updated, effective and user-friendly filing system including soft filing, hard filing (Original Leases and correspondence) and ensure that there is an effective system in place for the tracking and retrieval of the files / documents or other information
- Implement and maintain document tracking system for tracking documents through each administrative process: internal document signatories, sending of contract documents to tenants and forwarding to internal signatories for execution
- Review leases to calculate rent, tax, insurance and any additional charges as noted by lease to ensure the agreement contains all information needed to accurately administer the lease
- Guide, train, appraise, motivate and manage the team for high degree of productivity, efficiency, commitment to leasing administration deliverables
- Support in the development and update of any CRM system
- Work with legal department and accounting department on all lease related issues
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Keep all information related to document control, KYC, and agreements updated
- Provide forecast on anticipated revenue as required by Finance
- Assist in the preparation of lease documentation
- Apply TOR on annual basis on retail lease and necessary documentation as per agreement
- Any other duties as required
- Support in the development of a robust leasing and customer service team structure.
- Lead direct reports responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programmes
- Embed culture and values by role modeling organisational behaviours through excellence, performance management, feedback and coaching
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members
6+ years’ experience in handling the administrative aspects of leasing in a retail development, property development or a real estate company as well as:
- A background within the real estate and retail industry in the Middle East Region would be advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree holder preferably in accounts/commerce or suitable experience gained in a similar role.
- Experience of leasing administration within Dubai, UAE with understanding of real estate laws, Knowledge of Real Estate Legislation, Laws and Regulations, industry practices and governing laws within Dubai, UAE
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease language, tenant activity, and property management.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, Ability to establish priorities, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and perform well under pressure.
- Leadership skills, Effective communicator with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, Customer focused.
- Systems knowledge: Microsoft office (not limited to word, excel, PowerPoint), Lease Management software (Salesforce, Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Dynamics any other real estate supporting systems.)