The Corporate Strategy function works with the CEO and the CFO to drive the annual Business Planning and review process. It is also responsible for carrying out feasibility studies for new business ideas and products as requested by management from time to time and presenting the same to them for approval. It is also responsible for evaluating and presenting their recommendation to management on new investment opportunities. Finally, it is also responsible for setting up and rolling out KPIs across the organization and providing regular reports to the CEO and CFO on the same.
The Main Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop the annual planning calendar in conjunction with relevant stake holders and roll the same out across the organization.
- Develop the planning templates for submission along with relevant departments and cascade the same to the organization for submission.
- Support the various department heads with any queries them may have on the preparation of the submissions.
- Provide constructive feedback on draft submissions in conjunction with other departments such as Finance and HR
- Organize review meetings with Senior managements on the annual plans and budgets submitted.
- Work with Finance and HR to prepare consolidated packs for approval by ECD CEO and the Supreme Committee
- Organize quarterly business reviews along with relevant departments of the performance of the various departments against the plans submitted.
- Carry out Strategic scans and identify new businesses and opportunities for ECD to evaluate.
- Carry out high level screening and analysis to filter opportunities.
- Carry out detailed feasibility studies of selected opportunities – either inhouse or using third party advisors and internal departments where appropriate
- Ensure that the feasibility studies are supported by a robust financial model which meets the investment hurdles of the organization.
- Present the feasibility studies to senior management for review and approval.
- Once approved, support in the smooth handover and transition to the end user department.
- Support end user department through implementation stage
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports.
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues.
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs.
- Provide visible leadership to the division and across the organization to key stakholders
- Interface with contractor managmnet for the documentation of any positive or negative employee performance issues.
- Provide feedback on contact center performance and retain and motivate guide staff over the period of the engagement.
Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience as well as:
- Served in Strategy role previously.
- Experience in a Tier 1 consulting firm preferable
- Master’s degree in business administration from a reputed institution is preferable.
- Strong research and financial modeling skills
- Ability to present to senior management.
- Real Estate industry exposure preferable