About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Living Marina Gate is a destination for urban living in Dubai’s upbeat Marina, ideal for those looking for a space that caters to work and play. Sitting boldly in the waterfront, Jumeirah Living Marina Gate redefines the standard of living by offering exclusive range of facilities and amenities including an infinity pool overlooking Dubai Marina, along a-state-of-the-art fitness center and Amara Lounge. An exciting feeling of accomplishment and excitement envelops this destination that long and short-term guests confidently call home.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Outlet Manager to join our amazing team in Jumeirah Living Marina Gate. The main purpose of the role is to plan, organize and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure the outlet provides quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the SBU’s SOP and achieves maximum revenue and profit in line budgeted and forecasted projections. This position will be the department in charge and covers mainly but not limited to the below responsibilities.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are to:
- Ensures that all colleagues’ activities adhere to and support the Company Quality Standards.
- Applies creative solutions and proposes ideas to grow, develop and improve the business.
- To prepare the department budget and the sales and marketing plans.
- Achieves sales and profit targets and enhances the margins through effective stock management and minimizing controllable costs.
- Conducts regular team briefings and meetings.
- Ensures the highest levels of service and courtesy are provided to guests.
- Maintains departmental Standard Operating Procedures and ensures that all colleagues have a working knowledge and always follow the SOPs all.
- Ensures that an effective link is maintained between kitchen and service areas.
- Manages the level, consistency, and quality of table and/ or counter service of all menu items.
- Ensures that all outlet processes adhere to all food hygiene regulations and procedures.
- Consistently monitors quality of food and beverages being served and service quality, escalating any major problems/ complaints to Senior Management.
- Actively promotes the use of up selling techniques within outlet to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue.
- Provides specialist advice to guests and colleagues on food and beverages.
- Actively seeks and reviews guest feedback in regard to food quality, service, and overall satisfaction and takes appropriate and timely action.
- To conduct performance appraisals for all employees in the outlet to discuss existing performance and areas of improvement.
- Takes full responsibility of the outlet.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Diploma in Hotel Catering / Diploma in Hotel Management from Leading worldwide Hotel Schools.
- Minimum 3 years as Assistant Outlet Manager or 1 Year as Outlet Manager
- Detailed Food and Beverage knowledge (within a Quality Luxury Brand)
- Track record in working his / her way up to current position (succession plan / development within a Quality Luxury Brand)
- Ability to forecast business volumes as per occupancy
- Proven track record in successfully launching new concepts
- Experience in Managing multicultural work force
- Certificate in Wines, Spirits and Alcoholic beverages (WSET Level 4 or international equivalent)
- HACCP Certified
- Lead by Example attitude
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and benefits which include; accommodation and flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.