Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Pricing and Tender Planning Lead located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
We are HEMAR & Pricing (Health Economics, Market Access, Reimbursement and Pricing) team of J&J in the Gulf countries including United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman. We collaborate cross functionally to drive the organization access agenda and ensure patients access to J&J innovative therapies.
- This is a highly strategic and exciting role within J&J Gulf region that will be responsible for leading the Pricing & Tender planning function in Gulf; team of Pricing & Tender Planning managers.
- You will work closely with different functions in J&J Gulf & regional teams in EMEA & EMEA Emerging Markets to develop optimum pricing strategy that will ensure access of J&J innovation to patients while reflecting brand value.
- Connect with key external stakeholders in pricing communities & tender bodies and ensure having proper market intelligence process in place.
- Play active role in the regional Pharmaceutical industry associations and contribute in shaping the environment towards value-based healthcare systems.
- Provide strong leadership and clear recommendations on pricing trends and assumptions across J&J portfolio for key business planning processes: Yearly Business Plans, Mid-term and long-range financial plans.
- Lead different internal Pricing committees in Gulf to ensure proper pricing governance and execution of list & net pricing strategies in accordance to EMEA EM pricing & tender policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Pricing Leadership:
- Work internally with different functions to drive pricing strategy at level of list and net prices for J&J in line and new launches brands to maximize patient access across brand life cycle.
- Drive innovative pricing & contracting initiatives that substantiate access of J&J innovation to patient while reflecting brand value.
- Develop and utilize models to conduct quantitative analysis of price impact on profitability (e.g. develop estimations of future price movements, develop and support pricing models and data reports, inform relevant stakeholders about financial impact of price changes, price corridors and price evolution).
- Provide strong leadership and clear recommendations on pricing assumptions across J&J portfolio for key business planning processes: Business Plans & Mid-term plans.
- Coordinate flow of price information and approvals across the Gulf organization (e.g. lead development of price change requests, present affiliate price change requests, document and communicate decisions).
- Advise Gulf senior leadership on target price levels at different stages of price negotiation to maximize value of in-market products (e.g. assess pricing trends, international reference pricing, propose optimum in-market pricing, support development of price policy recommendations and contracting options).
- Liaise with EMEA, Emerging markets & global market access & pricing teams on the development of local pricing &access strategies and recommendations.
Pricing Governance and Compliance:
- Lead different local OpCo (Operating Company) pricing & compensation committees in Gulf as a platform for reviewing and aligning on list & net pricing strategies with sound knowledge and implementation of HCC (healthcare compliance) rules.
- Ensure having proper pricing governance in place through designing and implementing local & regional pricing & tender SOPs.
- Ensure Updates of pricing system databases (e.g. regional pricing hub) with pricing information and certificates.
- Lead End to End tender management strategy for the Gulf region (Invitation to tender (ITT), quotation, demand and distribution, bid/no bid analysis) to ensure optimal submission and execution.
- Lead tender planning and approval flow on iTender system.
Development of Pricing and Reimbursement strategy
- Lead the development of robust P&R strategies in collaboration with the Business Unit Leaders and HEMAR Leads with input from Head of department.
- Map current & future market access environment and analyse key drivers for market access.
- Regular review and where necessary update of Pricing strategies as a result of policy changes and competitor insights.
- Identify data gaps to support future strategies and develop plans locally or in collaboration with EMEA colleagues to meet these needs.
- Work cross functionally to gain key insights to support strategy development and future activities.
- Support Head of department in pricing negotiations with Health Authorities across the Gulf countries.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local health authorities in collaboration with Government Affairs Department.
- Collaboration and long-term partnership with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Stakeholder landscaping and building networks and engagement with regulatory agencies and supporting HEMAR (Health Economics and Market Access) teams’ negotiations with reimbursement bodies.
- Understand views and needs of key stakeholders including prescribers, patients, and payers.
- Support HEMAR team to create disease awareness for brand-value communication in developing and locally adapting EMEA/global Health Economics models supporting the brand value proposition & health economics differentiation from other treatment options.
Drive the debate internally and externally
- Play active role in local pharmaceutical industry associations and contribute in shaping the environment towards value-based systems.
- Connect with key external in the pricing communities & tender bodies and ensure having proper market intelligence process in place that will entail future strategies and identify future opportunities.
- Engage externally with key stakeholders including Policy makers, Academia, Regulators, Providers and payers (Public payers and Private health insurance) following health care compliance guidelines to meet the needs for patients’ access to J&J innovate products.
- Support HEMAR Director in shaping policy development across the Gulf in collaboration with internal and external partners including academic research organizations, industry associations and other stakeholder groups such as ISPOR local chapters.
- Provide periodical horizon scanning reports on Market Access regulations and its impact on J&J Gulf business and provide short and long-term recommendations to the HEMAR function, by deep understanding of the current and future market access environment and translate their impact on the market access strategies.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local health authorities in collaboration with Government Affairs department and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Lead a team of Pricing & Tender planning managers to ensure flawless execution of pricing & tender strategy.
- Lead Pricing team members assigned to the TAs (therapy areas) of responsibility across Gulf to develop and execute pricing strategies and tactics.
- Ensure team development, supports training & development of pricing & tender team and mentoring newly appointed Pricing team members.
- Support regional talent development programs.
- Drive efficiency in proposing the best resources allocation and team structure.
Main performance measures (Performance Goals)
- Ensure optimal pricing and reimbursement of J&J’s portfolio across Gulf.
- Drive proper pricing strategy that ensure maximizing list & net prices in Gulf yet ensure access & affordability.
- Devise for innovative pricing solutions to overcome access barriers.
- Team development, Lead pricing and tender team working on developing the capabilities / competencies of newly joined member.
- Lead the team to implement End to End tender management that aims at effectively managing tender process from price quotation till goods delivery.
- Optimize pricing process / governance to drive more efficiencies in company.
- Drive the team to focus on external stakeholder’s engagement.
- Education: Degree in Health Sciences, Economics or similar field is required; an advanced degree desirable (MBA, MS/MA in economics).
- Years of Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, Including at least 3 years in local/regional/global pricing, and/or health economics involving strategic planning and quantitative pricing.
- Proven Leadership experience.
- Strategic tender management experience in the Gulf region.
- Strong quantitative skills with solid strategic insights.
- Language: English, Arabic would be a plus.
- Location: Dubai- UAE
- Relocation availability: No
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Pricing, Market Access or health economics experience working in pharmaceutical industry or health sector is essential.
- Previous experience in mongering the GCC region pricing and tender is preferred.
- Knowledge of health economics, management entry agreements and economic modelling is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels within the pharmaceutical industry that include senior health professionals, government figures and board members with an ability to verbalise and write clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate technical and economic concepts and approaches to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrable excellent numeric and, analytical skills together with good MS Office skills.
- Project management experience and ability to meet tight deadlines in a timely and accurate manner with strong attention to detail.
- Customer Centric Mind-set and exceptional understanding of sales & marketing needs required.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, judgement and problem solving.
- Advanced Excel functionality as well as Word, Outlook & PowerPoint required.
- Ability to make decisions in volatile and uncertain environment.
- Experience in negotiating pricing & service level agreements & on-going contract management is desirable
- Knowledge of GCC healthcare environment is desirable
Leadership Profile Required
- Strategic mind-set with the ability to visualize and pre-empt future trends.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to make a significant contribution to performance and profitability required.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to quickly comprehend complex issues.
- Ability to engage and influence internally & externally.
- People management and team development.
- Creative mind-set, can-do attitude and hands-on problem solving skills, while able to think strategically.
- Strong team player who works effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to think strategically and to develop robust cross functionally aligned plans to support the business.
- Flexibility to execute at an operational and strategic level, with a real focus on implementing solutions and showing value, translating theory into practice and action into results.
- Leadership abilities & competencies to lead a cross-functional team.
- Highly ethical standards and follows JNJ credo.
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Puts the needs of Our Credo stakeholders first, pursues the highest standards of quality, safety, compliance & ethics and Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
- CONNECT: Builds internal and external relationships based on respect, Collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player.
- SHAPE: Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking, demonstrates resilience and agility to drive and adapt to change.
- Grow : Develops self and others to reach their goals, engages in open & honest conversations and Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we, in the United Arab Emirates, are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!