The Expo City Technology (ECT) department has been established as a business enabler for Expo City Dubai. The department will focus on providing all technology services to Expo City Dubai. The ECT team will focus on the following key areas: • Development of enterprise solutions • Network services • Technology support services (including AV technologies) • Security technology systems and services • Cyber Security The technology strategy team is tasked with: • Alignment with overall business objectives • Development of long-term vision • Increased operational efficiency • Define Competitive Advantage • Realization and Monetization roadmap of existing and new services
The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst role is to work with business stakeholders to define Expo City’s processes, products and services and identify opportunities to use digital tools and techniques supplied by ECT to improve them.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Streamlining and refining stakeholder requirements to meet their needs
- Advise on changes to requirements to optimize the processes and provide cost effective solutions, without compromising the end goals.
- In conjunction with the relevant teams within ECT ensure the fiscal impact of requirements is clearly captured and approved by the relevant stakeholders
- In conjunction with the relevant teams within ECT ensure seamlessly integrated solutions are adopted to meet the business needs across various stakeholders
- Suggest large scale strategies to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Oversee other business analyst team members.
- Assess the performance of project teams to ensure that the targets and deadlines are met in due time.
- Test and improvise system operations.
- Supervise the design of new products and evaluate the adaption pattern of the products.
- Handle customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on the project results.
works closely with the business units to understand various processes such as customer patterns, sales patterns, product development, etc., and strategize a plan of action accordingly.
- Conduct business process analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analysis for complex and large projects to align ECT solutions and services with business initiatives and requirements.
- Work with business and ECT service and solution providers to understand, define, analyse and document business problems and requirements and align the most suitable technical applications or solutions.
- Define business rules and key success measures for the business processes being defined.
- Prepare end-user documentation (user guides, process flow charts, training material) and deliver training when required.
- Prepare service delivery cost estimates and quotes for management approval.
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support the delivery of solutions to business requirements.
- Monitor project risks, scope changes, stakeholder communication and reporting throughout the life cycle of the project to ensure continued alignment with the business requirements.
- Where applicable work with vendors to align their products and services with Expo City’s business and technology requirements and ensure the vendors meet or exceed delivery expectations in a cost effective and timely manner.
5+ years relevant IT business analysis, project management and delivery experience as well as:
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with the capabilities of new technologies.
- Experience with project management tools, e.g. Basecamp, Confluence, JIRA, etc.
- Track record of technical and business excellence with a proven ability to apply technology solutions to address business problems.
- Proven ability to engage and establish strong relationship with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Proven ability to execute detailed business requirements analysis, document processes and develop project plans.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple initiatives at once to meet deadlines.