Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure the delivery of sustainable and profitable retail market share growth in UAE operating within the parameters of Emerging Markets Consumer Excellence by:
- Leading by example on the development of a trading and service culture within the retail back office, the District Managers and the store field teams
- Motivating and inspiring the Market field and retail back office (RBO) teams to meet or exceed commercial goals and KPI’s, and build Brand equity
- Supporting the Retail Consumer Excellence Director and acting as “first amongst equals” with peer group to deliver a joined-up world class retail business and maximise brand equity
- Implementing, driving and ensuring compliance with agreed EMC Consumer Excellence processes and standards for field and RBO operations
- Continuous improvement through developing and executing local retail relevant and specific processes in close cooperation with EMC Consumer Excellence Team to reduce complexity and increase productivity at the field level
- Inspirationally lead retail stores to a world class position by focusing on the 5 P’s: People, Product, Premises, Processes and Profit.
- Coach and develop District Managers to ensure high quality Multi-Store Management performance and to build a talent pool for higher Operations roles.
- Ensure a leading shopping experience and continuously maximise profitability from the store portfolio, in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the Retail Consumer Excellence Director and the EMC Consumer Excellence Team.
- Manage and control operational expenses (OPEX) in line with the Market retail budget.
- Manage and control inventory levels, shrinkage and stock accuracy across the stores as per targets set.
- Make recommendations to the Retail Consumer Excellence Director on commercial opportunities at Market level by analysing retail KPI’s and local retail trends and needs.
- Create and drive a high performance culture across the Market by setting clear expectations and targets analysing stores’ performance, holding District Managers accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Adhere to Global standards for all retail marketing, visual merchandising, training, and other store related activities, and monitor/evaluate established processes to guarantee stores’ full compliance.
- Identify and communicate Market needs and best practices to the Retail Consumer Excellence Director and EMC Consumer Excellence Team.
- To work closely with HR, VM, Retail Marketing and B&M to ensure optimal service to the stores by ensuring service to field and stores is a cultural priority and a reality
- Work with the real estate team to ensure we deliver the best locations for the brand
- Drive compliance with all Retail Consumer Excellence standards, taking Market requirements into account, unless legally prohibited from doing so.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience of leading multi store and district retail teams with proven man management experience
- Professional judgement based on experience that balances the brand with the commercial
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation skills, influencing and negotiating
- Flexibility to adapt to changing retail environment and able to develop strategy to overcome or make the big bigger given market/store performance
- Strong financial, business and numeric understanding including P&L and budget management
- Advanced literacy and IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of Retail systems
- Mobility with UAE driving license and own car or ability to obtain both
- Fluency in English. Local language advantage.
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business (ideally with marketing and sales focus) or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the retail and trade marketing Industry, ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG, with an operational background
- Minimum 5 years in managing retail operations, Customer service and sales, employee, stock accuracy and inventory control within retail industry