The Entertainment & Experiences department will have responsibility for developing the strategy and building the team to execute and deliver on Expo City’s events, entertainment, programming and development of its ceremonies and culturally authentic event production.
The Senior Manager of Venue Sales is responsible for developing and executing sales strategies and maximizing revenue through the rental and booking of event spaces and facilities. This role involves managing key client relationships, overseeing the sales process, and collaborating with various departments to ensure successful events are delivered
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Implement pricing strategies to maximize revenue while remaining competitive
- Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods
- Identify market trends, competitive analysis, and opportunities to expand the venue’s client base
- Oversee the end-to-end sales process, from lead generation to contract negotiation and closure
- Preparing proposals for clients and maintaining well-organized event records
- Explore cross-selling and upselling opportunities for additional services and amenities
- Handle all incoming venue bookings / enquiries for venues and checking them against guidelines and procedures and confirm the bookings once they are detailed and completed to specifications for each venue
- Organize site visits, sales calls, and other sales related activities to finalize and close contracts
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key clients, event planners, and stakeholders, while also identifying and targeting potential new clients and strategic partners
- Communicate and confirm any event changes with the appropriate departments/stakeholders
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create promotional materials and campaigns
- Developing good working relationships with event organizers in the UAE to ensure all venue spaces are leased throughout the year
- Develop sales leads to drive new lease proposals and increase profitability
- Participate in industry events and trade shows to promote the venue
- Oversee the contract and invoice process for clients and take personal responsibility for their accuracy and completion
- Generate new business and build new client relationships, as well as develop and present proposals to existing and new clients
8+ years of progressive responsibilities and work-related experience in venue sales or events as well as:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Sales, Marketing, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in venue sales, preferably in a senior sales or management role.
- In-depth knowledge of the events and hospitality industry.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills & communication including training and briefing delivery as well as stakeholder management skills.
- Ideal candidate must have a strategic thinking approach and mindset for the benefit of the function and Expo City
- The ability to communicate in both Arabic and English