About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
Jumeirah Al Naseem is a cool and contemporary beachside retreat offering a world of exquisite dining, indulgent wellness, and exceptional comfort in spectacular surroundings. It is located on Jumeirah Beach Road, adjacent to sister properties Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Burj Al Arab Jumeirah; only 26kms from Dubai International Airport / 25 minutes by car. Al Naseem offers 435 rooms and 45 suites, all with sea-facing views. The hotel is located so close to the water that the sounds of the sea reach guest rooms, open terraces, and outdoor restaurants. Home to 11 restaurants and bars, three managed externally, and seven managed by Jumeirah Group, Jumeirah Al Naseem has a world of exquisite taste.
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sous Chef – Pastry in Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist Pastry Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Establish culinary standards for the kitchen and ensure it is maintained.
- Help to plan menus and compile recipes for new menus / food tastings.
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To ensure agreed quality of product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
- To help recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- By analyzing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience in a similar position in a luxury 5-star Hotel
- Excellent level of English both written and verbal
- Creativity and exceptional culinary skills
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chef’s training course
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flight allowance, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits, making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.